Tuesday 3 July 2012

Who's behind the Indietracks Festival Guide?


"Indiepop Ain't Noise Pollution" available at Etsy
Ever wondered who writes the Indietracks Festival Guide each year? 

Claire Goldthorp has been responsible for assembling the guide for the last four years. Last year's guide also started to show some of her illustration work, and this year the whole guide was illustrated and created by her!

Claire tells us:

I started out by making a zine to go with my clubnight Atta Girl (all female vocalist genre hopping night in Birmingham). The illustrations in the zines then flowed over into the posters for each clubnight which you can see on the Atta Girl website. These posters started catching peoples' eyes so I started making other peoples' posters and artwork!

Last year I broke my ankle in a freak roller derby accident and suddenly had so much time on my hands. So I set up officially and got my website going with an influx of commissions! I now design album covers, t-shirt designs, posters, website headers and logos. These seem to be predominantly for the indiepop community! My fees are seriously low as I only do work that I love and for bands that I enjoy. Having promoted band nights in my past I know that most bands aren't exactly rolling in cash so helping out a band I love makes it all worthwhile.

Claire has designed for Ace Bushy Striptease, Evans The Death, Fever Fever to name a few. She also created the end of tour party poster for Shrag (below), and her "Indiepop Ain't Noise Pollution" poster, inspired by Indietracks 2010 (above), is for sale on Etsy

You can find Claire on Twitter and like her on Facebook, and of course visit her website.

We've seen this year's Indietracks Programme, and it's superb. You can pick one up on the ticket gates for a small fee. Huge thanks to Claire for her hard work!


Shrag end of tour poster


No comments:

Post a Comment