Name: Tatty Devine
Title of workshop: Make Your Own Souvenir Jewellery
A little bit about you:
We design and make art jewellery, mainly out of colourful acrylic, and we love to collaborate with people like Betty and the Werewolves, Rob Ryan and Gilbert & George. We're very excited to be working with Indietracks on some special festival jewellery, which you can buy at our stall. Come and turn your souvenirs into jewellery at our free workshop too!
Description of your workshop:
Turn your festival souvenirs into jewellery! The Tatty Devine girls are here to help you create a brooch or necklace from festival finds.
What are you looking forward to the most at Indietracks?
Camera Obscura, the campsite jacuzzi, and sleeping in our new camper van!
Do you have any camping tips?
Tatty Devine's Top Camping Tips
- Check to see what time the sun sets and rises before you go. Very useful to know.
- Don't camp on a slope. Harriet once did, and she nearly fainted.
- Put a foil blanket underneath your tent to keep you extra warm and dry.
- Bring bin bags - for rubbish, for sitting on, and for wearing on a rainy day. Not glamorous but it works.
- Hang a room tidy in your tent like a mini wardrobe, so everything's off the ground.
- Take your own mug to the tea stall so you can get a proper mug of tea instead of a polystyrene cup.
- There's no need to rough it if you don't want to; Rosie brings an espresso maker, a duvet, pillows and an airbed.
- Make sure you know where things are in your tent before it gets dark (and keep a loo roll, pyjamas and a torch handy for when you tumble in at 3am).
- Don't get too drunk on Saturday night, so you're ready to seek out local car boot fairs bright and early on Sunday morning. Buy the local paper to help locate them!
- If all else fails, stay in a b&b.
Have you been to the festival before?
Yes, last year's was brilliant!
Do you have any Indietracks stories/gossip you'd care to divulge?
More of a tip - if you're travelling through Derby, stop off for some of the best charity shopping in the country!
Thanks - some good tips there! You can catch Tatty's workshop at 3pm on Saturday, in the Workshop Wigwam.