Sunday 18 July 2010

Workshop interview #6: Something from nothing: making useful stuff from rubbish



Okay, we’ve just a couple more of the workshops to tell you about, including, very shortly, the answer to this year’s most asked question – “how is the Indiepop Guess Who workshop actually going to work?”

Today’s featured workshop is for those of you who have ever wanted to learn how to make a handy wallet from an old tetrapak carton, or whose kids are keen to get involved in some junk modelling!

Hi, please tell us a little bit about you?

I'm a community volunteer and activist in Glasgow, working with grassroots organisations to inspire change locally, and with a national environmental campaigning organisation to challenge convention on a larger scale. I fix bicycles, yarn bomb and recycle clothes into more clothes.

Please describe how the workshop will work?

I've got a mountain of tetrapaks that are crying out to be used at least one more time. Instructions will be supplied on how to transform a simple drinks carton into a handy wallet and I'll be on hand to answer any questions. There will be junk modeling for the child in you (or real-life children), and suggestions and examples of ways to transform more trash to treasure.

What are you looking forward to the most at Indietracks?

Oh, so much! If I had to pick just one band, though, it would be the fabulously talented Foxes! We lived in Oxford at the same time but I haven't seen them since they moved to Brighton.

Do you have any camping tips?

"Your hair looks great, you smell lovely, and bare-faced is the future." I try to remind myself that a dress and hiking boots is still heaps cuter than inappropriate footwear and soggy toes.

Have you been to the festival before? Do you have any Indietracks stories/gossip you'd care to divulge?

This will be my second Indietracks but I don't think I have anything tasty from 2009. Although, the sheer man-love Gordon McIntyre received from the back pews of the Tin Tabernacle will remain with me until my last days!

http://www.dudenotbird.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment