Sunday 1 July 2012

Workshop interview #9: Friends or Knot?


At 5pm on the Sunday, come along to Annette’s friendship bracelet knitting workshop!

Hi Annette, please tell us about the workshop?
It's your chance to learn the art of making friendship bracelets for you to share with your friends and family. They look tricky to make but you'll soon get the hang of tying the basic knot and progressing to more intricate patterns. I'll bring along a whole selection of coloured yarns to experiment with.

Tell us a little bit about yourself!
I have always been creative- my late Polish grandmother taught me yarn crafts when I was a little girl (knitting, crochet, sewing). I have no recollection of how or when I learnt to make friendship bracelets- it would have been the early 90's I guess. I am now a big girl with a sensible job but I still like to be creative.

Have you been to the festival before? Do you have any stories you’d like to divulge with us?
Last year was my first time at Indietracks and I loved the relaxed atmosphere. I took part in Emily's owl-knit-you workshop (http://www.owlknityou.com/) which re-kindled my childhood passion for knitting and inspired me to run a workshop of my own this year!

What are you looking forward to most this Indietracks?
For me, it’s all about the tambourines.

Do you have any festival going tips?
Don't clash. Download your clash finder (nearer the time): http://www.triv.org.uk/~mavit/clashfinder/

Oh and bring a blanket. Blankets are snuggly.

No comments:

Post a Comment