Thursday 29 April 2010

Indietracks interview #6: Internet Forever



Internet Forever are Craig Heartbeeps, Christopher Alcxxk and Laura Wolf, three Web 2.0 obsessives who bonded over a shared love of The Unicorns, Why? and the DrownedinSound message board. Their debut single 'Cover the Walls' was a delicious slice of fuzzy lo-fi indiepop which earned 'Single of the Week' merits from both NME Radio and Artrocker Magazine and a 9/10 review from This is Fake DIY.

"Internet Forever live in a beautiful place full of lo-fi strums and energetic pop melodies, mixing each other up until you want to sweat. A joy to behold.” (Huw Stephens, BBC Radio)

Hi Laura, tell us a little bit about Internet Forever

We are Internet Forever - a noisy pop band from London and Cambridge. There are three of us: me, Christopher and Craig. Me and Craig met on the internet a few years ago and started making music together about a year and a half ago. Since then we've done rad things, like: played lots of gigs around the country; toured with Johnny Foreigner; released a tape; released a seven inch single called 'Cover The Walls'; met loads of lovely people; and played two Radio One Sessions!

What music are you enjoying at the moment?

We all have pretty diverse tastes so I speak only for myself here, but I am currently really enjoying a load of London bands, especially Fair Ohs and T33th. I keep listening to Black Tambourine, Sleeping States and Metallic Falcons alllll the time as well - it's getting a bit creepy. My last.fm tells me that I am also pretty obsessed with Best Coast, Microphones and Gowns too. The reasons why I like this music is probably pretty obvious so I won't bore you with the reasons why these artists are awesome.

Tell us about an unusual place you've played a gig in the past

We played our first ever gig in someone's house - but that's not particularly unusual, just fun. I don't think we've played anywhere particularly weird... which is a real shame. I would happily swap one or two of the seven or so times we've played at the Old Blue Last for somewhere unusual. I have nothing against the place really, it'd just be nice for some variety.

Do you have any exciting plans for the rest of the year?

This year we are going to record an album! None of us have ever done that before so we're pretty excited. We're currently deciding how to make this work - it's possible that it's going to be pretty different to what we're doing at the moment. We're also going to go on another tour and release our second single in the UK. In the USA we are releasing a song called Break Bones through a label called Art Fag (which is home of Dum Dum Girls and Crocodiles etc.)

Do any band members have any particular skills, hobbies or claims to fame you wish to share?

Craig is a really amazing photographer. You can check out his stuff at hrtbps.com.

What's going to be on your compilation tapes as you travel down to Indietracks?

We tend to listen to singalong anthems that we all know in the van. We listen to stuff like Weezer and scream all the words.

What attracted you to play Indietracks?

I went to Indietracks a few years ago when Los Campesinos! were headlining and had an absolutely amazing time. I played solo in the Open Mic tent with my friends Joe Mahon and Gareth from LC! as my backing singers. It was really fun, but I was maybe also kind of a bit bad. I loved the place so much that weekend and I've wanted to return with Internet Forever ever since. We are really excited to play with bands we love like Pains of Being Pure At Heart and Veronica Falls, and also to hang out with our friends The Middle Ones, This Many Boyfriends, Jam On Bread and Winston Echo.

Thanks!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment